This policy outlines some of the key measures I have taken to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus (COVID-19).
Please note the content may be subject to change. (written on 15th July 2020)
Adhering to guidelines
Throughout the pandemic, I will be following guidelines issued by the government, NHS, other relevant authorities and my professional association(s); ‘The Federation of Holistic Therapists’ and ‘The Association of Reflexologists’ regarding safe and hygienic practice and the use of any personal protective equipment (PPE).
Please Read -
Association of Reflexologists (AoR) Covid-19 Secure Workplace Policy ( https://www.aor.org.uk/secure-workplace-policy/ )
Federation of Holistic Therapists Coronavirus Public Information Policy ( https://www.fht.org.uk/coronavirus-information )
COVID-19 Risk Assessment
I have carried out a full risk assessment, in line with guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), in order to:
- Identify what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus.
- Think about who could be at risk.
- Decide how likely it is that someone could be exposed; and to
- Act to remove the activity or situation, or if this is not possible, control the risk.
Prior to seeing any of my clients, I will be:
- Monitoring my own health and deferring treatments if I have COVID-19 or possible symptoms of COVID-19.
- Contacting my clients 24 hours in advance and deferring any treatments if:
- They have COVID-19 or possible symptoms of Covid-19. ( https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/ )
- Are clinically extremely vulnerable and shielding. ( https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk/whos-at-higher-risk-from-coronavirus/ )
- Anyone in their household has symptoms of COVID-19.
- They have been in close contact with someone who has/has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- They have been contacted by the NHS Test and Trace Service and told to self-isolate.
- Asking my clients to call and cancel and defer treatment on the morning of their appointment if they have a temperature or other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Should the client contract the virus they must inform the therapist as soon as possible.
- Should the client contract the virus we are obliged to inform NHS Track & Trace.
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures
I have introduced enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures between clients, which includes washing and disinfecting any non-porous surfaces and therapy equipment, such as chairs and couches, and replacing any porous or single-use items, such as towels and couch roll. Strict personal hygiene measures will also be adhered to, including regular handwashing/ sanitising.
I shall be wearing throughout your visit a suitable face mask +/- Visor.
There will be a minimum 30 minute gap between clients, to enable cleaning of the room & any equipment, aeration of the room, and time to set up for the next person if required.
Adapting or restricting treatments
It may be necessary for me to adapt or restrict certain treatments, in order to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and/or protect my clients’ health and safety. Any clients likely to be impacted will be advised as soon as possible.
- Until further notice Massage treatment sessions will be limited to one hour in total.
Maintaining social distancing
Please note that while many treatments involve close contact, I will be observing social distancing measures wherever possible. This might include, for example, maintaining an appropriate distance during the consultation process, and when arriving and leaving for an appointment.
New Clients - Where possible, New Client Consultations will now take place via a telephone call - rather than face to face. And/Or a Consultation form emailed to you for completion prior to the visit.
All Consultation & Consent documents can either emailed back to me or signed and brought with you on the day.
Preferably Sessions may be paid for using a card machine in person (contactless available) or made prior the appointment via Direct Transfer or PayPal.
If a treatment is cancelled or deferred at short notice because my client has COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, any standard cancellation fees will be waivered. The client will be asked to kindly confirm in writing that their appointment has been cancelled or deferred because they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
For more information…
I am happy to be contacted to discuss any aspect of your treatment during this time. Please contact me.
Name: Mrs Alison Iles (MAR, MFHT)
Reflexology & Massage Therapist
Date: 15th July 2020